As construction activities on and around the I-80/I-380 interchange continue, we have many construction crews, state inspectors, and large slow-moving equipment throughout the project area. Please reduce distractions and slow down when traveling through any work zone.
Construction activities in 2022 will include work such as:
- Lane shifts on I-380 to accommodate widening, grading, paving, and reconstruction of the I-380 southbound lanes.
- Lane shifts on I-80 to accommodate widening, grading paving and reconstruction of the I-80 eastbound lanes.
- Construction of the new I-80 bridges over Clear Creek.
- Grading and paving work around the interchange area.
- Construction of new I-380 southbound bridges over U.S. 6, Iowa Interstate Railroad, Clear Creek, I-80, and future ramps.
- I-380 southbound to I-80 eastbound ramp paving and bridge construction. (New ramp opening Summer 2022.)
- U.S. 218 northbound to I-80 westbound ramp paving and bridge construction
Sign up to receive notifications of upcoming events and project updates.
2022 Spring Construction Video
Watch our 2022 Spring Construction Video to get a bird’s-eye view at construction activities that have been taking place.
2022 Construction Activities
The map below illustrates ongoing work throughout the interchange and what you can expect while driving through the area. Click on the letters to see more details about construction activities throughout the interchange.
If you drive the I-80/I-380 Systems Interchange, follow 511 to get the most current information about closures, lane shifts, and other construction-related impacts.