buying & selling a vehicle

License for the leasing of motor vehicles

A leasing license is required for persons engaging in business of leasing motor vehicles for use by others for compensation for a period of more than 60 days. A certificate indicating the name and address of the lessee is required to be carried in a leased motor vehicle in addition to the registration receipt and insurance card. All leased motor vehicles primarily garaged or located in Iowa are subject to registration in Iowa.

application forms

When completed, forward these application forms to:

Vehicle Central Programs
Iowa Department of Transportation
P.O. Box 9278
Des Moines, Iowa 50306-9278